By Keith Johnson
- Newly up-to-date to mirror the newest advances within the box
- Features a balanced and student-friendly method of speech, with enticing side-bars on similar themes
- Includes prompt readings and routines designed to study and extend upon the fabric in every one bankruptcy, entire with chosen solutions
- Presents a brand new bankruptcy on speech conception that addresses theoretical matters in addition to useful issues
Read or Download Acoustic and Auditory Phonetics PDF
Similar linguistics books
During this illuminating new idea of grammar, Hubert Haider demonstrates that there's a simple asymmetry within the word constitution of any language, no matter what sentence constitution it takes. furthermore, he argues that knowing this asymmetry is the main to knowing the grammatical causality underlying a vast variety of center syntactic phenomena.
Analysen der Wortstellung des Deutschen betrachten oft die Informationsstruktur als genuin syntaktischen Faktor: Funktionale Projektionen (Topik- oder Antifokusphrasen) oder ähnliche grammatische Annahmen sollen erklären, warum sich bestimmte Satzbestandteile in bestimmten Kontexten auf verschiedene paintings und Weise anordnen.
This quantity specializes in machine- and digitally-assisted language studying in all of its kinds: technology-enhanced language studying, network-based language studying, mobile-assisted language studying etc, in shut relation to the subject of sustainability. How can those applied sciences and methods be carried out in a sustainable and repeatable method?
Characteristically, anaphor solution all for structural cues of the antecedent. lately, the interplay among discourse components and knowledge constitution affecting antecedent salience has been extra completely explored. This quantity depicts chosen peer-reviewed study papers that take on matters in anaphor solution from theoretical, empirical and experimental views.
- Markedness: Reduction and Preservation in Phonology (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- Studies in General and English Phonetics: Essays in Honour of Professor J.D. O'Connor
- Sign Studies and Semioethics: Communication, Translation and Values (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition [SCC])
- The Latvian Language in the Digital Age (White Paper Series)
- If I Could Turn My Tongue Like That: The Creole Language of Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana
Extra info for Acoustic and Auditory Phonetics
Acoustic and Auditory Phonetics by Keith Johnson